Covid-19 Safety: What you can expect of us
Here’s a list of our current protocols. These will change according to CDC guidelines, national, state and local regulations as well as industry best practices. Please call or email the spa for further information.
- Our already high standards of cleanliness have increased to cover the necessary procedures for safety while Covid-19 is present. The time between sessions has been doubled to 30 minutes to allow for the extra procedures.
- All rooms have HEPA air purifiers, which run on high-speed between sessions and low during session. They will be turned to high during session upon client request. Windows will also be open upon request.
- Rooms are disinfected between session with products approved by the EPA for human coronavirus. At the time of writing, these include Bioesque sanitizer and Rejuvenate wipes. The following surfaces are disinfected after each session: Massage table tops, bolsters, face rests, stools, hooks, light switches, tables, door knobs and a lot more.
- Massage tables are cover with a medical grade fabric to withstand heavy use of disinfection.
- Eye pillows and heat treatments (except heated towels) have been discontinued.
- Rejuvenate wipes are available in each treatment room for you to use as desired.
Provider wellness and safety
- Along with your safety, the wellness of our staff is our highest priority. The following procedures have been implemented for their safety and for yours.
- Wellness screening is conducted at the start of each shift. If symptoms consistent with Covid-19 are present, the employee will be sent home and treatments rescheduled.
- Providers will wear masks throughout their time in the spa.
- Facial massage is only provided for therapeutic purposes upon client request. Gloves must be worn. Gloves are readily available in the treatment room and will be worn throughout the session if either the provider or clients wishes.
- Providers will thoroughly wash hands and arms before and after each session.
- A clean apron will be donned prior to each session.
- Hugs and handshakes will, sadly, be foregone for now.
The common areas have been stripped down and use is currently discontinued. We look forward to resuming these services as soon as we can safely do so.
- Showers, robes and slippers have been discontinued for now.
- High-contact surfaces are wiped down multiple times daily.
- Pens are disinfected after each use.
- Spa water has been replaced by bottled water. Sadly, home-made cookies are also discontinued.
- Seating is available outside the spa rather than within.
- Retail products and gift certificates are currently unavailable.
- Express, contactless payment will be used.
- Walk in services will not be provided. The building will be locked until it is time for your session to begin.
What we’ll ask of you
- If you, or anyone with whom you are in close contact, develop symptoms consistent with Covid-19 prior to your treatment, please call to reschedule. The 24-hour change/cancellation period will be waived. (See below for details.)
- If you have been in an area with a high level of infection, please wait 14 days before visiting the spa.
- If you are immune-compromised, pregnant or in a high-risk group, please delay booking until the situation resolves.
- Upon arrival, please follow the following steps:
- Wait in your car or in the chairs outside the spa until you are escorted into the building. The doors are kept locked.
- Inside the spa, you’ll receive a touchless temperature scan and require a reading of below 100.4.
- You will need to sign a certification that you are free of Covid-like symptoms and a waiver.
- You will be given a mask if you don’t have one. It is required throughout the time in the spa, including during treatment.
- Both provider and clients will wash hands thoroughly prior to the treatment.
- Your massage therapist will take you to your treatment room to disrobe and prepare for treatment.
At the time of writing, symptoms of Covid-19 include fever of chills, cough, shortness of breathe or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.